CAA presents: Keyframe. Talks & Workshops 2022!
The Cyprus Animation Association website has been updated with a new Members Directory feature.
Cyprus Animation Association members may now have a public profile hosted on the association’s website once they complete the new online registration process.
This is a long awaited feature and one of the benefits that CAA has to offer. It provides the opportunity for all members to be represented and found on one of the top searched pages for local animation, while they share some of their work and link to their personal websites.
The member’s profile will feature:
CAA has a YouTube channel!
Invitation to the annual celebrations of ASIFA International Animation Day (28 October 2021)
The International Animation Day is organised by ASIFA and its chapters in various countries and is observed globally on the 28th of October every year.
ASIFA was established in 1960 as a non-profit corporation devoted to cultivating and promoting the art, craft and profession of Animation. One of its target goals is to promote progress toward peace and mutual understanding through the unified interest of the art of animation with workshops, gatherings, and worldwide projects.
This free event will take place at the Home for Cooperation, Nicosia – Thursday, 28 October.
The event is supported by Home for Cooperation and the schedule is as follows:
- 18:00 – 18:15: Introduction of Cyprus Animation Association by Andreas Rossides
- 18:15 – 18:45: “The Art of the Interval: Norman McLaren’s ‘Neighbours’ and the conditions of movement” by Charalambos Margaritis
- The presentation will discuss Norman McLaren’s 1952 film “Neighbours” and the way it treats the themes of division and discord, in light of the historical and political context of the 50s. The narrative elements of the film will then be compared to McLaren’s own theories and remarks about the process and art of animation. Through this analysis, the presentation will propose animation as the ‘art of the interval’.
- 18:45 – 19:15: “Mesut” – Presentation by Alexia Roider.
- Mesut is a short animated film based on a real life story of a young Turkish Cypriot boy who wanted to learn how to dance Zembekiko. The creators of the film will share the story of Mesut and provide a sneak preview of the film which is currently in a pre-production stage.
- 19:30 – 21:00: Film Screenings: A selection of short films by the Animattikon Film Festival.
The presentations will be in English and all the films will have English subtitles.
The event is free to the public.
Due to limited seat availability we kindly ask you to RSVP by obtaining a FREE ticket here.
ANNECY FESTIVAL 2021 is happening online and we are very excited that there are FIVE Cypriot participations!!
HELLENIC PLACES: HERMOUPOLIS
The short animated documentary “Hellenic Places: Hermoupolis”
(Directed by: Charalambos Margaritis, Production: ANIMASYROS International Animation Festival.)
Presented in the pavilion of ASIFA Hellas.
Part of a special screening under the title “Creative Aspects of South East Mediterranean Animation”.
We hope that there are positive outcomes from the pitching and screenings.