Events by the association and also supported events by friends and associates
KEYFRAME◆ Storytelling in Virtual Reality with Dr. Doros Polydorou
The last of the KEYFRAME.2022 events has come to a close and it has been a fantastic year.
Thank you to all for…
KEYFRAME◆ Directing long-form animation with Avgousta Zourelidi
Thank you to everyone who attended the KEYFRAME.2022 event last Friday, Directing Long-Form Animation with Avgousta…
KEYFRAME◆ Capturing & Cleaning Motion Capture Data with Constantinos Sophocleous
All seats where filled and attendees where thoroughly engaged by Constantinos’ performance of motion capture using both Rokoko and Xsense technology.
By the end of the seminar, Constantinos demonstrated how to record and clean up mocap data and how to use it on a rigged character within a scene in Unreal Engine. Participants were encouraged to jump in with questions and contribute with their thoughts.
We had a fantastic Motion Capture & Clean Up seminar on Saturday with a great attendance.
We want to thank Constantinos…
ASIFA International Animation Day Celebrations IAD22
Honayn’s Shoe, Mohamed Ghazala, Egypt
Dragon Recipes, Maria Pavlou, Cyprus
My Stuffed Granny, Effie Pappa, Greece
Wicked Girl, Ayce Kartal, Turkey
Between Bears, Eran Hilleli, Israel
Apodemy, Katerina Athanassopoulou, Greece
Missing, Tariq Rimawi, Jordan
Playing House, Özgül Gürbüz & Cenk Köksal, Turkey
Lost and found, Vivian Papageorgiou, Greece
In Other Words, Tal Kantor, Israel
Duma, Pascalis Pascali, Cyprus
Program curation: Panagiotis Kyriakoulakos, Zeynep Akcay and Michalis Kalopaidis
Deryneia: Famagusta Avenue Garage, 82, Famagusta Avenue, 5380 Deryneia
Larnaka: EVOHK Gallery, Pavlou Valsamaki 9, 6026 Larnaka
Nicosia: Home for Cooperation, 8 Markou Drakou, 1102 Nicosia
Paphos: Kimonos Art Centre, Kimonos 2, 8011 Paphos
Limassol: 6×6 Centre of photography, Vasiliou Makedonos 30, 3040 Limassol
Doors open at 7pm. Screenings will start at 7:15pm
For general enquiries call: +357 99434793
The event is organized with the support of ASIFA Hellas, the Larnaca Famagusta Cinema Society, Kimonos Art Centre, Famagusta Avenue Garage, EVOHK gallery and the 6×6 Centre of Photography.
KEYFRAME. – Funding opportunities within the program “Creative Europe – MEDIA” at The Animattikon Project
KEYFRAME◆ Funding opportunities within the program “Creative Europe – MEDIA” @ The Animattikon Project
It was presented by the Planning and Development Coordinator at the Organisation for European Programmes and Cultural Relations, Nenad Bogdanovic at the Photography Studio / Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts, Cyprus University of Technology.
KEYFRAME◆ Storyboarding for Animation Production – with Magnus Kråvik
It was a full house with professionals and students attending to learn from Magnus and his experience in storyboarding for animation.
CAA presents: Keyframe. Talks & Workshops 2022!
Invitation to the annual celebrations of ASIFA International Animation Day (28 October 2021)
The International Animation Day is organised by ASIFA and its chapters in various countries and is observed globally on the 28th of October every year.
ASIFA was established in 1960 as a non-profit corporation devoted to cultivating and promoting the art, craft and profession of Animation. One of its target goals is to promote progress toward peace and mutual understanding through the unified interest of the art of animation with workshops, gatherings, and worldwide projects.
This free event will take place at the Home for Cooperation, Nicosia – Thursday, 28 October.
The event is supported by Home for Cooperation and the schedule is as follows:
- 18:00 – 18:15: Introduction of Cyprus Animation Association by Andreas Rossides
- 18:15 – 18:45: “The Art of the Interval: Norman McLaren’s ‘Neighbours’ and the conditions of movement” by Charalambos Margaritis
- The presentation will discuss Norman McLaren’s 1952 film “Neighbours” and the way it treats the themes of division and discord, in light of the historical and political context of the 50s. The narrative elements of the film will then be compared to McLaren’s own theories and remarks about the process and art of animation. Through this analysis, the presentation will propose animation as the ‘art of the interval’.
- 18:45 – 19:15: “Mesut” – Presentation by Alexia Roider.
- Mesut is a short animated film based on a real life story of a young Turkish Cypriot boy who wanted to learn how to dance Zembekiko. The creators of the film will share the story of Mesut and provide a sneak preview of the film which is currently in a pre-production stage.
- 19:30 – 21:00: Film Screenings: A selection of short films by the Animattikon Film Festival.
The presentations will be in English and all the films will have English subtitles.
The event is free to the public.
Due to limited seat availability we kindly ask you to RSVP by obtaining a FREE ticket here.